SECURITY MEASURES ADOPTED FOR SAFETY OF PASSENGERS
The following security measures are taken at Kempegowda Bus Stand for passenger safety:
- Entry into the bus stand is restricted to five gates
- Door Frame Metal Detectors are installed in all these gates to screen the passengers and their baggage's.
- Activities at KBS is captured through IP cameras installed at vital points and are monitored round the clock at Central office Control Room
- A state of the art Control Room is established to monitor operations and security aspects round the clock
- Security guard strength is increased to 58 from 43
- Additional security personnel deployed from neighboring divisions during the weekends and peak days
- A KSRP platoon is stationed round the clock
- A Proposal for up gradation of existing sub Police Station to full fledged police station submitted to the Government
- Measures to dispose off un claimed luggage of cloak room and abandoned vehicles has been taken up with the police
- Wireless net work has been established between Kempegowda Bus Station, MCTC Bus Station and Central Office to monitor Bus operations.
In other major bus stations
- Hand Held Metal Detectors have been provided to check the passenger baggage's.
- CCTV surveillance has already been commissioned at Mangalore, Tumkur, Mysore City and Mandya Bus stations. The same is being taken up in other major bus stations in Phased manner.
- Security at these bus stations is managed with men drawn from Ex-servicemen, Home guards and Private Civilian guards.
- Wireless net work has been established at Mysore City & surrounding 12 depots for better communication on bus operations.
KSRTC PASSENGERS ACCIDENT RELIEF FUND TRUST
- KSRTC Passengers Accident Relief Fund Trust has been formed w.e.f.01-06-2002 in order to provide immediate financial relief to the legal heirs of the deceased passengers who die in road accidents while travelling in KSRTC buses.
- The relief paid by the ARF Trust is in addition to the MACT claims settled by the KSRTC.
- The relief amount has been enhanced to Rs.2.50 lakhs per passenger w.e.f.01-09-2008.
- Trust own and maintain 8 wreckers to carryout relief rescue operation during road accidents.
Last updated date 21-04-2015 9:30 am